Skip to main content

Bitty Baby Sleep Sack Tutorial




I have been working on this sweet little doll pattern for a few months...  I worked on it for a while and put it down for a few weeks. But today I am excited to announce that I have finally finished it!  Really it doesn't take very long to make, I just get side tracked sometimes.  So, here is what you will need to get started:

Materials Needed:
DK weight yarn (#3)
Crochet Hook Size: F/5-3.75 MM
Sharp Needle for sewing your zipper in
6 inch zipper (be sure that you don't buy the separating zippers)  I buy my zippers on here on Etsy.

click Abbreviations for a list of the most commonly used crochet abbreviations

Notes:
-Gauge: 4 sts and 4 rows = 1" (2.5 cm) If your gauge is nor right, go up or down a size crochet hook in order to get the right gauge.

Instructions:

Ch 41

Row 1: hdc in the 2nd ch from the hook (beginning chain does not count as the first st now and throughout the pattern) and in each ch across (40 hdc)

Row 2: ch 1, turn, (2 hdc in the next hdc, hdc in the next 3 hdc) repeat across (50 hdc)

Row 3: ch 1, turn, (2 hdc in the next hdc, hdc in the next 4 hdc) repeat across (60 hdc)

Row 4: ch 1, turn, (2 hdc in the next hdc, hdc in the next 5 hdc) repeat across (70 hdc)

Row 5: ch 1, turn, (2 hdc in the next hdc, hdc in the next 6 hdc) repeat across (80 hdc)

Row 6: ch 1, turn, (2 hdc in the next hdc, hdc in the next 7 hdc) repeat across (90 hdc)

Row 7: ch 1, turn, (2 hdc in the next hdc, hdc in the next 8 hdc) repeat across (100 hdc)

Row 8: ch 1, turn (2 hdc in the next hdc, hdc in the next 9 hdc) repeat across (110 hdc)

Row 9-10: ch 1, turn, hdc in each hdc across (110 hdc)

Divide for the Sleeves

Row 11: ch 1, turn, hdc in the next 17 sts, skip the next 20 sts, hdc in the next 36 sts, skip the next 20 sts, hdc in the next 17 sts (70 hdc)

Row 12-23: ch 1, turn hdc in each hdc across (70 hdc)

Shaping the bottom of the sleep sack

-Please note that you will be working in the round for the rest of the pattern.  You will also be joining at the end of each rnd.

Rnd 24: ch 1, turn, hdc in each st around, join with a sl st to the first hdc you made in this rnd (70 hdc)

Rnd 25-42: ch 1, hdc in each st around, join with a sl st (70 hdc)

Fasten off.



Sewing the seam on the bottom of the sleep sack

Join with a sl st on either side of the bottom of the sleep sack.  Sew the bottom of the sleep sack closed by slip stitching the two sides together all the way across, fasten off.

You can also sew this together using a needle and thread of you prefer.  I prefer to sew it with slip stitches because it is faster and easier for me.

Sleeves:

Rnd 1: working around the armhole opening, join with a sl st at the underarm and hdc 24 hdc evenly around, join with a sl st to the first hdc (24 hdc)

Rnd 2-11: ch 1, turn, hdc in each st around, join with a sl st to the first hdc (24 hdc)

Rnd 12: ch 1, sc in each st around, join with a sl st to the first sc (24 sc)

Repeat for the other sleeve.

Finishing:

Hand sew your zipper in place at the front of the sleep sack.  Weave in your loose ends and you are finished! 

I can't wait to see the sleep sacks that all of you crochet!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TUTORIAL: Doll Diaper plus Pattern!

  This weekend I made diapers for my little girl's doll.  I probably made more than she needs, but it was so much fun to watch her face light up as I got each one of them finished!    I designed the pattern to fit her Bitty Baby Doll .  But, I also realize that some of you may have a different size doll....  So, I made the waistband adjustable.  It may not fit all of your dolls and stuffed animals, but this will make it more likely to. I wanted it to be a nice and tight fit so that we could fit the doll's pants over the diaper, and it worked out well!   Today I am excited to share the tutorial with you.    Here is what you will need: 1/4 yard or a fat quarter of cotton fabric.  Coordinating thread 1/2" sew in Velcro.  I have tried the stick on kind, and didn't like it.  It eventually comes off.  If you try to sew it on, it will gum up your needle and the needle will have to be replaced.  I highly recommend the sew in kind that is n

O' Crochet Christmas Tree! Crochet TUTORIAL

Materials Needed: -Worsted Weight #4 Yarn.  I used 100% cotton yarn, but acrylic yarn will work well too. -Crochet Hook Size: E/4-3.50MM -Sharp Needle for sewing pieces together -Scissors -Stuffing -Safety Pin for marking your Rnds -Cardboard Abbreviations: Click here for a list of abbreviations. Special Stitches: Beginning Crocodile Stitch: ch 3, (counts as the first dc),      work 5 more dc around the post of the next st,  ch 3,  sl st in the 3rd ch from the hook,  work 6 dc around the post of the next st (beginning crocodile stitch made) Crocodile Stitch: work 6 dc around the post of the next dc, ch 3, sl st in the 3rd ch from the hook, work 6 dc around the post of the next st (crocodile stitch made) Notes: The gauge doesn't matter so much for this pattern because you aren't making an article of clothing that needs to fit someone.  I do tend to crochet very tight (tighter than normal) when I am making amiguru

TUTORIAL: American Girl Crochet Hat

Lately, I have been having so much fun making my girls clothes for their dolls.  My latest project was these cute crochet hats.  They fit nice and tight, and I love the way they look on the dolls.  I am sharing the pattern with you today so that you can make a few for your dolls too! The yarn I used for this hat I purchased online from Fabric.com .  It is called Cotton Classic Yarn.  They have changed their website up a bit and I haven't been able to find it recently, so I am not sure if they are still selling it.  This is my favorite yarn for crocheting Doll hats, so I hope I can find some more in the future.  Materials Needed: DK weight yarn (#3) Crochet hook size: F  5/3.74 MM Click HERE for a list of abbreviations. Notes: -Gauge: 4 sts and 5 rows = 1" (2.5 cm) The gauge is for sc rows.  If your gauge is not right, go up or down a size crochet hook in order to get the right gauge. Instructions: Make a magic loop, ch 1; Rnd 1: 12 hdc in the ring, join